What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Greenhouse

So the wife says I need to get my plants out of the garden tub. I also want to grow Ghost Peppers and other veggies, so a greenhouse seems like the next step. I have ordered a 8x12 Palram Essence green house and have started the build process. I did alot of research, and this one has good reviews and isn't too pricey. I even got a seed starter kit and heater as part of the deal. Here is some pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
So it begins!

:mwahaha:

I'd love to take a bath in that tub while chilling with those plants.

Congrats!

Congrats, that's awesome! Aside from a few cool looking Frisbee shaped rocks it seems you have a large, flat space to work with. Do you plan to incorporate those rocks somehow? Perhaps a walk-way or another creative solution?

Sweet! Good luck! A greenhouse is totally awesome. My wife said my plants had to go too. Cacti and cats do not comfortably share windowsills. End of story.

I like to see a greenhouse thread starting from scratch, good luck with it :)
Pebbles, you might like to take a look at my thread over at CPUK > http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51884
I had to demolish a 24ft static caravan before i could make a start though !

Last edited:
Thanks for the support everyone! So far I have put down weed barrier and made a base from 4x4's. Right now it is maybe half-way done. I'll get some more pics up later.

I don't know if you would want to be in that tub. I didn't realize this, but that N. Miranda actually drips nectar into the tub!

All those rocks were around the pond/bog. I will probably have a small "patio" in front, but will wait till everything is put together.

Welshy- I did see your build when I was researching. You did a great job! My building skills are limited, lol.

So it was windy for a couple days and the ends are the trickiest part. I was able to do everything else by myself, but had the wife help me out. Trying to guide multiple pieces and make the holes line up took some experimentation to get right. So now just the finishing touches!

And the pond I will clean out eventually

I had to go to the store twice for the 18 bags of river stones.

And with the roof on. Everything seems solid. Now I'm monitoring temperature to see how hot/cold it gets.

Those stones ended up being uncomfortable to walk on, so I'll use something else.

Looks great...what do you have invested at this point...

That is going to be an amazing greenhouse when its said and done!

Starting to take shape now, i can't wait to see it being stocked up !

Looking Good!!!!!:bigthumpup:

Ramon:D

Thanks Guys! The green house was $1150 on sale. This included shipping, a heater, and a seed starting kit with warmer mat. I've put about another $400 into it for miscellaneous parts. This was a deal right before new years.

The wife can now use the garden tub. I left only the orchids and a N. Gentle for some greenery. Oh, and the "Lamp of Death" has been removed, too. More pics soon!

Haha! Yeah, I had a shop light suspended from the ceiling with 600lb. line and had the anchor points in the wood. I told her she could swing from the light if she wanted, and I got the face!:suspect:

Haha! Yeah, I had a shop light suspended from the ceiling with 600lb. line and had the anchor points in the wood. I told her she could swing from the light if she wanted, and I got the face!:suspect:
Haha! I always get that face. Your GH looks amazing.

Back