Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of an Alaskan Nepenthes Farmer

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that weed growing in the pot of your D. Regia? If you know of course.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I am not sure, but I think it is a seedling of a local indigenous plant.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    You know I am not sure, but I think it is a seedling of a local indigenous plant.
    Ok.
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low-key hyped over the arrival of the newest member of the family: N. lingulata

I'm hoping this N. attenboroughii retains the green coloration on both its leaves and pitchers as it grows older.

H. ionasii x heterodoxa

A couple of D. regia

Kind of in love with this pitcher. N. boschiana x campanulata

My 7+ year old D. capensis that I originally purchased from www.flytrapshop.com recovering from its annual aphid attack - ready for spring growth.

Babies!!

LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That N. Lingulata is amazing! Those pitchers look like they've been through a fire they're so black!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love lingulata; dark colors are always my thing, but the silvery contrast of the indumentum makes it even better. And now that my variegated seedling is actually getting somewhere....

Love the bosch x campy too, it carries over a lot of the female color and that shape fits so well, very nice.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    I love lingulata; dark colors are always my thing, but the silvery contrast of the indumentum makes it even better. And now that my variegated seedling is actually getting somewhere....

Love the bosch x campy too, it carries over a lot of the female color and that shape fits so well, very nice.
    Yeah I don't know how I didn't notice how awesome lingulata was before I saw this plant. Now it's easily one of my favorite species!

The boschcamp hybrid is a real knockout combo of genes. It's a really vigorous plant, growing in leaps and bounds. I think I'm going to sell it at a local festival this summer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is your conductor speaking: "The Hype-train will arrive on time to terminal: Dex's terrarium."

Just jumping up the count of jacquelineae genes within my jurisdiction. N. rajah x jacquelineae

and the ever-promising N. jacquelineae x truncata

+

OMG

D. murfetii

Last edited by Dexenthes; 04-22-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. glandulifera x burbidgeae

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree that the N. boschiana x campanulata is a real looker. Shapely, almost hand-painted color and a big, sturdy lid. I'm still bowled over by that crazy-cool red sphagnum!
    - Mark

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast