Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light distance issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Describe the set up a bit. In an enclosed grow tent most of the cooling advantage of leds will be lost. If on the other hand the hot air coming off the heat sink can freely escape up, significant cooling advantage can be obtained with leds. Plus with the proper optics on the emitters significantly more light can be focused 3' down.
    Last edited by SubRosa; 02-15-2015 at 12:03 AM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done some research and I guess it depends on how much power you pump into to led. At some point the can generate lots of heat, but generally do not create much heat.

Seriously considering LEDs now. Forgot about the lenses that can focus the light down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcal View Post
    Done some research and I guess it depends on how much power you pump into to led. At some point the can generate lots of heat, but generally do not create much heat.

Seriously considering LEDs now. Forgot about the lenses that can focus the light down.
    Honestly, It depends on how much you want to spend.My leds were given to me, but average cost was about 2000 dollars. I will never go back to t5s after getting them. My leds are 300 watts. It DOES produce heat, but only because I have 4 heatsinks with 4 cpu fans, I use the heat to heat up my grow tent, if it goes over 83f i have the ac kick on. But, cooling leds is a huge benefit because of the increased durability and longevity of the bulbs
    Last edited by Tower; 02-16-2015 at 07:24 PM.
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good lord! what brand of lights do you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to create around 2 or 3 foot of space above my plant so that they can flower freely.
    I found that this is an exercise in futility. Cephalotus flower stalks can easily reach 3 ft & my U. humboldtii had a stalk last year that was over 4 ft. Unless you're growing climbing tuberous Drosera, it's often easier to bend the stalk over once a week to keep it out of the lights (assuming that you have at least 12-18" now).
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    I found that this is an exercise in futility. Cephalotus flower stalks can easily reach 3 ft & my U. humboldtii had a stalk last year that was over 4 ft. Unless you're growing climbing tuberous Drosera, it's often easier to bend the stalk over once a week to keep it out of the lights (assuming that you have at least 12-18" now).
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I tried bending them last year. The would grow like that for awhile then still randomly snap b

In hindsight I guess I don't need every stalk to survive. I will try to ponder some other ideas or just make due.

In my led searching I have found my dream panel.

Kind-led xl-1000 is the things dreams are made out of. Worth watching the video.

http://kindledgrowlights.com/product...res-k5-xl1000/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good lord! what brand of lights do you have?
    Something similar to these,
    https://www.hydrogrowled.com/189X-PR...ht-P86C60.aspx

Same maker slightly different model. Older.
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Rapidled.com. You can build your own set that would be perfect for your needs. The fact that there are solder less options make it very flexible. There are some good threads here that show some good results with rapid led setups. When I have time I'm going to share my setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12