Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light distance issue.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light distance issue.

Hey TF. I need some advise.
    I've been having a clearance problem with my current setup. I need to create around 2 or 3 foot of space above my plant so that they can flower freely. Is there any lights that will be strong enough to give me that space and still provide plenty of light for them to grow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What plants ? My lights are about 24" above many of my plants including Nepenthes, Heliamphora, Cephalotus and many Utricularia and Drosera.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mainly want to do this for cephalotus. I broke off a lot of stalks beause my lights are around a foot or so away. Don't want to have to same problem again.

I currently use t8s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely upgrade to T5's and use a combo of 10,000K cool spectrum bulbs and 3,000K warms. That should allow you an easy 3' of space while still giving out ample light. You can also use mylar on 3 sides to reflect any wayward light back towards the plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the money, upgrade to LED's the stalks could literally touch the bulb then
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I would definitely upgrade to T5's and use a combo of 10,000K cool spectrum bulbs and 3,000K warms. That should allow you an easy 3' of space while still giving out ample light. You can also use mylar on 3 sides to reflect any wayward light back towards the plants.
    Cool. Ill start googling

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    If you have the money, upgrade to LED's the stalks could literally touch the bulb then
    Im open to LEDs, but my main purpose to avoid contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T5's work great especially if you are looking at increasing the distance, however, what they are also great at is producing a ton of heat and the bulb is extremely hot to the touch. So if any plants get rather close, or in your case flower stalks, they will get burned. That is just my two cents
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    T5's work great especially if you are looking at increasing the distance, however, what they are also great at is producing a ton of heat and the bulb is extremely hot to the touch. So if any plants get rather close, or in your case flower stalks, they will get burned. That is just my two cents
    I seen what you talking about now. Makes perfect sense. Got any recommendations?

Most of the LEDs I see for plants have massive heat sinks and fans. Something I haven't seen with t5s. Do they really run that much cooler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast