Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bog pot creation time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bog pot creation time.

I was going to repot a D.Filiformis, S x Dana's Delight and S x Yellow Jacket into a larger bog pot with three venus flytraps and two bog orchids, but I have to wonder if this can be done safely during summer months. I think I can do it without disturbing very many roots, but I just wanted to make sure. So, is it better to do it now or in the fall, when things go dormant?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the new substrate is fully moistened before you transplant, there are zero issues with transplanting any time. I will say though that Sarracenia are top-heavy when they are in active growth. All those open pitchers tend to fall over and need staking for a while, especially if you get any wind whatsoever. Sometimes the rhizomes can be uplifted after a good wind, which obviously exposes the roots too much. If you notice any drought stress, just back the pot off into an area protected somewhat from sunshine.

Honestly, I consider native CPs THE easiest plants of all time to transplant any time of year. You would have to be one heck of a rootball butcher to harm them in any way whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks. Just wanted to make sure, but I had similar thoughts.