What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog pot creation time.

I was going to repot a D.Filiformis, S x Dana's Delight and S x Yellow Jacket into a larger bog pot with three venus flytraps and two bog orchids, but I have to wonder if this can be done safely during summer months. I think I can do it without disturbing very many roots, but I just wanted to make sure. So, is it better to do it now or in the fall, when things go dormant?

As long as the new substrate is fully moistened before you transplant, there are zero issues with transplanting any time. I will say though that Sarracenia are top-heavy when they are in active growth. All those open pitchers tend to fall over and need staking for a while, especially if you get any wind whatsoever. Sometimes the rhizomes can be uplifted after a good wind, which obviously exposes the roots too much. If you notice any drought stress, just back the pot off into an area protected somewhat from sunshine.

Honestly, I consider native CPs THE easiest plants of all time to transplant any time of year. You would have to be one heck of a rootball butcher to harm them in any way whatsoever.

OK, thanks. Just wanted to make sure, but I had similar thoughts.

Back