What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T8 LED growlight tubes

Does anyone have any experience with these, or can comment on how they might preform with CPs based on their specs? I am new to the hobby, and know nothing about lighting...

https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/2-foot-t8-led-tubes/

A friend recommended these too me, but I would love to get some insight from the community before I pull the trigger on them.

That's a new one for me.

The lumens seem rather low though for plants, I have 10,000 lumen (2 tubes) and 20,000 lumen (4 tubes) T5 High Output fixtures over my plants.

I have 2 setups. The low light
setup has 2 T5 bulbs, both about 6000K.

The heavy setup has 3 T5HO rating 6500K
and one T5HO that runs in the 5000K spectrum. (I highly recommend heavy lighting)

Standard T5HO tubes are about 1,000 lumens per foot so you'd need twice as many of these to replace T5's. In addition, not being designed as a grow light it may not produce light at the correct wavelengths for plants. It doesn't look like a good choice to me.

I am using 6x 2ft T8 bulbs. Each bulb is rated at 1300 Lumen's. My plants colour up really nicely under the lights. Some of the plants turn blood red :0o:
I've got a mix of 3000k, 4000k, and 6500k.

Last edited:
Back