Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Some upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some upgrades

Well today I went out and got some new domes.

The first one has, a log inoculated with p Stipticus which is pinning, 2 nepethes pups, and bags of growing peat moss.

The second one is awaiting seeds.

This is a work in progress I plan to get more plants tomorrow and get a shelf for these to sit on.

Inside the white bottomed dome it is 25.2 and 81%RH atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Could you tell me more about your P. stipticus? Isn't that the famous glowing mushroom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be unfortunately it's a bit like trying to take a picture of glow in the dark things, most cameras won't pick up that type of light so I cant get night pictures because I'm using the camera on my phone. Anything you wanna know ask away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never grown mushrooms before so I guess my questions are going to be awfully vague and unhelpful: 1.) Where do you get them? 2.) How do you grow them? Haha...I've done some research online since viewing your photo and I cannot find anything to help me figure this out. Would be cool to have a little colony of those growing in a mason jar on my grow rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahaha okay, so I cheated. I'll let you in on a few secrets here. First I got a bunch of spawn plugs off eBay, these are kinda expensive for what you actually get. Then you go find an oak tree and cut a branch off that isn't too wide to fit into a mason jar. Then saw up the log into discs , drill holes in these discs and seal with wax. So this is pretty much the same as how you grow then outside. Then I literally treated the jar as I would have outside. I made a special jar for growing other types of mushrooms with a filter on it.. that's how I cheated lol. It was basically a "SHIP ,PF poly filter jar" for your googling . Then I left it for ever with the jar sealed this is called the spawn run. Next up I took the top off and placed into what's called a fruiting chamber , I dunked the log in tap water for 24 hours held under by a plate. My humidity dome with plants is a much better fruiting chamber altho its not sterile like fruiting chambers are suppose to be. This species is very contamination resistant. You can get this species from a few places depends how much you want and how much your willing to pay