What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increasing Humidity

I'm going to start a lowland nep tank ( just got an amp) and I was wondering what you people use to raise humidity for your terrariums. Any recommendations for foggers? I have a repti fogger but I heard bad reviews so thinking of getting something better.

I use a modified fogger for large rooms. It's great because of the large water tank. So if you don't mind a little mod get a fogger and then add the pipes for the mist to go into the terrarium.

I got a repti-fogger and a hygro-therm and a fan for my HL tank and they work perfect check them out you could set temps to drop at night and stay at yr desired temp during the day and if it goes above or below the fan or heater comes on to raise or lower the temps till it gets to the temp yr looking for and if humidity drops below a certain percentage tgat u set it at the repti-fogger goes on until the humidity is at the correct percentage. Its expensive but was worth every penny i think! U can mist ur plants periodically with a spray bottle too :) goodluck

I have a 30g low tank with a glass top. With my Amps. in it I have to crack the lid a little sometimes. I don't have to water very often, so I occasionally mist with a spray bottle. I only do this during winter, the rest of the time my lowlanders are in the greenhouse or outside under the front porch in summer.

Hope this helps!

Some people heat terrariums with fish tank heater in mason jar in terrarium

Sent from my brain

U can mist ur plants periodically with a spray bottle too :) goodluck

I really wouldnt suggest doing this too much. If you're working in an enclosed space, misting the air around the plants is good enough to increase the humidity, and one short misting session will increase the humidity for quite some time due to it being in an enclosed space.

Periodically misting the plants themselves in an already humid spot is a good way to ask for rot, constantly keeping them wet and all...

Back