Informational! Informational!:  8
Likes Likes:  3
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY COB LED info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by power supply you mean the wall adapter to run the cpu fans I ended up using an old phone charger. Just have to make sure it will power all the fans at once. Im running four fans at 5 volts and it seems to be plenty enough cooling, and quiet too. I found a heatsink and cpu/fan for 9.00 dollars on amazon. I built the 400 watt light , actually two 200 watt fixtures and they are amazing. I will be posting pics soon probably take some good ones this weekend. Keep us posted how you are doing things.
    Last edited by aerogrower; 01-14-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARCTIC Alpine 64 GT Rev. 2 CPU Cooler - AMD, Supports Multiple Sockets, 80mm PWM Fan at 22dBA
    If you go to amazon and search for these they are the ones I used. Basically I looked for the cheapest ones I thought would work. Sorry couldn't seem to get a proper link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any tips on how many ways for a 2 foot by 5 foot space for drosera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jwalker if your talking enough to just winter them indoors you could probably get away with the first build at the beginning of this thread, which is a single 100 watt COB led running at half power so you end up with a 50 watt light. Not being sure as to the light requirements of the drosera you are going to grow its hard to say how much light you need but the second build he covers at the beginning of this thread gives you a finished light that puts out 200 watts! (4 COB leds at half power again). That much light in a 2 x 5 grow area and you will need sunglasses in order to water your plants lol.
    Hopefully someone else can chime in, just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not just over wintering them I'm going to keep them year round. The dews I have are mostly tropical like capensis and spathulata. I've got 30 types. I just really want to maximize there potential. I don't think my gf would appreciate having to wear sunglasses in the kitchen though lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol no im guessing not. Even the 50 watt is way to much for a kitchen type grow area unless you really did some creative shielding. Im not familiar with the leds to know how to build a lower watt light, but maybe Naoki could give you better advice. Good luck keep us informed what way you decide to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I now it will be bright I have 2 4 foot shop light in there already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn't have said to bright. I guess what I mean is the light is not spread out like it would be with a long fluorescent bulb. The light will be more concentrated and in a circle as opposed to running length wise. Harder to cover the five foot length of your grow area. You might try building a 50 watt and go from there. If its not enough build another. I will post pics when I get home showing the 50 watt and the two 200 watt lights I built and how they cover. Maybe it will give you a better idea.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast