Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Growspace Build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record; No, the light isn't crooked. Just came out that way because of the angle of the shot, lol.
    Last edited by Zath; 12-30-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your plan for the floor?
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    What's your plan for the floor?
    Not sure what you mean. Already explained what I did for the flooring in previous posts. To sum it up, it's several layers of 6 mil plastic filled with an inch or more of recycled rubber mulch (to protect the plastic from tears, and to provide more surface area for water evaporation).

((It's also quite comfy to walk on bare-footed))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more pics as of yet, but I just got finished re-working the misting system.

Aside from a small leak around the bulkhead fitting (fixed with an extra O-ring), the system seemed fine except that it ran almost constantly. I find it hard to believe that the humidity is escaping that fast, so I moved the sensor and put the nozzles in the center of the roof, rather than off to one side. It was just drenching everything trying to keep it up to 85% (during the day, and down to 67% at night ((with a 7% delay))). May try toning that down a little if it still seems to be running all the time.

Also had a catastrophic failure with the original hose. It somehow managed to melt itself shut and separate. Thought it was due to being in proximity to the heater, except that it was nearly 4 feet above it. I still honestly have no idea how it managed to do that. Got new hose today and turned the temp down on the heater (not the thermostat, though. It'll just have to run longer to achieve the same temp.)

Also got the fan re-installed to move the air around a bit and provide some circulation. Will eventually probably upgrade to a box fan, as the little 8" looks kinda dinky in it's new surroundings.

Tomorrow I plan on building the second of three planned tables and installing another light. This table will be used to accomodate some Sarracenia seedlings that are outgrowing the terrarium, as well as sowing a couple flats of various drosera seed. Depending on how much space is left after that, I might go ahead and separate some crowded pots.
    Last edited by Zath; 01-01-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    Aside from a small leak around the bulkhead fitting (fixed with an extra O-ring), the system seemed fine except that it ran almost constantly. I find it hard to believe that the humidity is escaping that fast, so I moved the sensor and put the nozzles in the center of the roof, rather than off to one side. It was just drenching everything trying to keep it up to 85% (during the day, and down to 67% at night ((with a 7% delay))). May try toning that down a little if it still seems to be running all the time.
    You sure your sensor and controller are working correctly? Aside from that or losing humidity whenever you open the door I find it a bit hard to believe too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    You sure your sensor and controller are working correctly? Aside from that or losing humidity whenever you open the door I find it a bit hard to believe too.
    (Sorry, forgot to respond to this earlier) I turned down the controller to 75% after I moved the sensor, and duct-taped shut some of the larger seams in the mylar, and that seems to have ironed out the bugs. I also finally put handles on the door so I can shut it completely when I'm inside messing around, which helps a good deal.

Got the second table built and put the light in for it, as well as filled up a tray with various things; Ping pullings, drosera seed, and the tallest of my Sarr seedlings so that they were no longer constrained by the height of the terrarium.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the brandywines?
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast