Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoor Growspace Build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indoor Growspace Build

Been talking about this a lot in chat, and I'm sure everyone there is more-or-less sick of hearing about it by now. Figured it was time to post some pics.

Getting started (the linoleum didn't work out), but shows the space formerly occupied by my off-the-shelf plastic tent I had been using to keep Neps and other things.

Didn't bother getting pics of the framing, so this is next in line. Basically just built a box with 4x4's in the corners, plus two interior rafters. Almost everything is held together with brackets, since there was no maneuvering room to screw the boards together on the outside.

And the interior, with the mylar hung, the floor (which is a 10'x25' roll of 6 mil plastic folded over several times and stapled to the baseboards) covered in rubber mulch to protect the plastic from getting torn and provide more surface area for the evaporation of any spilled or leaked water.

Now I need to start building tables, and get the misting system and heater in place. Ventilation can probably wait a little while, but eventually I'll be installing a fan for that as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, excited to see how this turns out! Is there any concern with the wood frame getting damaged over time by water/humidity? Would PVC pipes or such have been a viable option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SerMuncherIV View Post
    Looking good, excited to see how this turns out! Is there any concern with the wood frame getting damaged over time by water/humidity? Would PVC pipes or such have been a viable option?
    All the wood is pressure treated. I maybe could've used some large diameter PVC, but for some reason didn't consider it for such a large construct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being pressure treated, you should be fine. However, if concerned about reflectivity and/or aesthetics you could wrap the wood with mylar, or just paint it flat white. I doubt it would do much for reflectivity and would likely serve only to improve aesthetics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the day installing the misting system and heater (no pics, because honestly, it looks like a bunch of random trash sitting in the corner, lol)

But I also built the first table, which should be enough to hold everything that fit into the previous tent, consolidated under a single light, and will only take up the back section of the growspace. Nothing fancy, but very practical, imo.

After applying the 2-in-1 Stain/Polyurethane:

The vinyl material I bought to place over the slats in the table, to provide a more solid surface for the pots / trays to sit on:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting build Is it a window in the first picture? if yes will you use it to increase the light inside the chamber?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the dimensions of the area? What are you planning on using to line the tables?
    Last edited by SubRosa; 12-30-2015 at 05:09 AM.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMHoff View Post
    Interesting build Is it a window in the first picture? if yes will you use it to increase the light inside the chamber?
    It is a window. Two, in fact. Not sure if I'll use them or not, since they're west-facing, and half the light is blocked by trees. In the previous tent, I think all they really accomplished was to heat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    What are the dimensions of the area? What are you planning on using to line the tables?
    It's a little under 6' x 7'6". For the tables, it'll depend. For the Neps I'm just using the vinyl sheeting pictured and leaving it drained, I think. At least one other table will be built the same way, but I'll probably line it with leftover 6 mil plastic and set up a flood / drain system on a timer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast