User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which grow light for my mini greenhouse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which grow light for my mini greenhouse?

I am using a mini greenhouse to grow a variety of sarrs, vfts, dews, and pings. Below is the link to the greenhouse I am using. I took out the second shelf and have all my plants on the third shelf. I also plan to put a grow light on the top shelf. The problem I am having is that my new apartment only allows my plants to get 1 hour of direct sunlight a day and the rest of the day it is completely indirect and not even filtered light. Although this may be fine for winter, I need to find a grow light that I can place on the top shelf of the mini greenhouse for spring and summer growth. Below is a link to what I was thinking of using. I am located in southern california and it never gets below 30 degrees here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Amazon.com : Gardman 7610 4-Tier Greenhouse with Reinforced Cover, 18" Long x 27" Wide x 63" High : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com : Erligpowht 45W LED Red Blue Indoor Garden Plant Grow Light Hanging Light : Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Last edited by Spintix357; 01-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow my plants in something almost exactly like this, However I grow Dews and Nepenthes.
    I use a 4 bulb T5HO fixture (2 feet) in this setup. The plants do very well.

This is hard to say though because I dont grow your species indoors, So I couldnt tell you
    if my lighting setup would be sufficient for the variety you grow. I think the pings would be just fine, but im thinking the sarrs would be
    sad. They are sunsponges.

You might be able to stick the sarrs/VFTs outside in winter at night to start them going dormant.
    (im not sure how high they can be when in dormancy because im always fighting a way to keep the cold OFF them,
    so I refrigerate.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply. Sorry I forgot to add that I have dews in there as well. I have this greenhouse outside year round but it only gets 1 hour of direct sun a day. I roll it up halfway in the summer and keep it closed in the winter, There is also a ventricose x alata hanging from the bottom shelf that should get some extra light through the opening in the center of the greenhouse
    Last edited by Spintix357; 01-04-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    73 views and only one response. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use led grow lights which you can buy from eBay and they love it.
    They use very little electricity and even less heat.
    There are several types of lights all depends on what you want to use them for.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I light an area approximately twice the size of one of those mini greenhouses with 2 120W Taotronics led panels sufficiently bright to grow and bloom Cymbidium orchids, which are full sun plants at my latitude. They're actually intended for reef tanks, but work very well for plants. There are comparable units designed specifically for plants.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    I light an area approximately twice the size of one of those mini greenhouses with 2 120W Taotronics led panels sufficiently bright to grow and bloom Cymbidium orchids, which are full sun plants at my latitude. They're actually intended for reef tanks, but work very well for plants. There are comparable units designed specifically for plants.
    Would this item suffice for my situation? Trying to find something on amazon lol

Amazon.com : Galaxyhydro LED Grow Plant Light 300w Greenhouse Indoor Hydroponic Grow Lighting 9 Band : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast