My friends and I are working on a grow box that you can command remotely with an app. Originally, we created the box for all type of plants. We are now wondering if we go further with special plants. As you guys are expert in carnivorous plants, we’d love to hear your precious opinions on our work so that we can improve it.
So here is the thing:
Agrome is a grow box which help to grow exotic, non-native plants and to increase their yield by remotely creating a controllable environment with a smartphone, or tablet, computer, or whatever connected to internet ). It is equipped with:
- LEDs of various (very precise) light frequencies that plants need most: Blue (470nm), Royal Blue (447.5 nm), Red (627nm), Deep Red (655nm) and others. You can manage the proportion of each type of light to optimize the yield of each state of growth: from seedling to flowering.
- a heater : to bring heat to some type of plants
- a hydroponic system with direct irrigation towards the roots.
- various compartments for nutrients to inject the right nutrient at the right state of growing.
- various types of sensors which measure air and water’s temperature, humidity, plants’ size and height, water’s pH.
- cameras which transfers real time images, and analyses photosynthesis of plant at the same time.
- a mini-computer (raspberry pi), to which sensors and cameras are linked, commands the activities of the box.
We have tested it on basil and mint and it works great :
Because the growbox is well insulated, and easily controlled; you can create a special environment with specific temperature, lights and nutrients that fit your plant. And this can be done remotely through an online application. The computer will keep track of all the possible environmental changes and adjust the growbox to maintain the environment that you created. At the end of the day, you can see what happened to your plant and how it is performing.
The box’s growing surface measures L40xW40cm with 25cm, 40cm, and 1m+ in height, perfectly modular.
What do you feel about it? What kind of carnivorous plants we can grow in there?
What would you suggest to improve it?
How much would you pay for it if you're interested in buying one?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you guys!