Right on Mark. No I have never use Stipticus spores but I read they last 10+ years under good conditions
There is no way of killing the mold without the harming the mushrooms. You can however take a sample and isolate onto agar like I did if mold becomes too much of an issue.
Here you can see p.stip fighting off and eating green mold aha..
They're impressive little fungi. Does the green mold kill the mushrooms or just out compete them for resources? Thanks.
The green mold tries to kill the p. Stip, but the stip fights back. Depends on ratios. If you have an agar plate that's 50% green mold and 50% p. Stipticus the stip will grow over and assimilate the green mold it's SO cool
Curt, in mushroom cultivation your biggest enemy will be green mold.
Whenever you are trying to colonize substrate, your goal is to avoid all mold, as it could
Be toxic, and the mold will compete against your mushrooms.
Yeah there's only 2 species of cultivated fungi that I know of that have mold resistance enough to fight off an infection.
Green mold will usually destroy a fungal culture
P. Stipticus and oyster mushrooms are the two that I know of that have resistance to mold