What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY indoor greenhouse ?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever built a table top indoor greenhouse. I was thinking of a frame made of some metal close hangers then wrapped in greenhouse plastic.

Any thoughts or tips?

You can get mini greenhouses pretty cheap (if you even need one.) There's even small ones with just two shelves. A lot of CPs will grow just fine in the open air though so it depends on what you're trying to grow.

It's for my nep. It's starting to pitcher and I don't think the humidity in the house is adequate

What species or hybrid is it? There are plenty that will do just fine without additional humidity.

It's just a guess as it wasn't labeled but I think it may be a ventrata.

I'd agree that whatever humidity is in your house is fine. Unless the humidity is so low that it is causing you problems easy nepenthes like N. Ventrata will adapt and pitcher. The fact that it is starting to pitcher is a sign that it is already adapting to your humidity. Light is more important to pitchering, which would be compromised by trying to use one of those plastic greenhouses indoors.

If you have enough light in your bathroom, sometimes the nephentes can very well grow there :beer:

Back