What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

yes, it's a 60 gallon hex. here's a closeup of the waterfall. thanks for the compliment.

done5.JPG

nice! is that a B. orientalis (sp) sitting on the rock? talk about well camoflauged!

if you mean an animal, no. I'm thinking of putting in frogs, but still not sure I don't want just plants. I'm a gardener at heart.

WOW! it really looks like one to me in your pic on this page
biggrin.gif
you can even see the eyes!!

lol, that's what I thought you must mean. it's a piece of moss.
biggrin.gif

I can only dream of a terrarium one day...................
smile_h_32.gif

But, for now I am going to focus on windowsill plants and hardy plants outdoors!!
smile_m_32.gif

Dino

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JanW @ Jan. 11 2004,7:56)]Hm seems like most people use their terrarium like a greenhouse. My bigger terrarium is more like a garden under glass containing the more forgiving species:

terrarium01.jpg

The trickier species are growing in pots:

terrarium02.jpg

I have a east facing window and additonal lights which is far enough for any species on my growlist. Only Heliamphora looked green and ugly, everything else has a nice coloration.

Jan
How big is that tank (gallons)? About how deep is the soil? What do you use for soil? What kind of lights do you used?

JanW how forigiving is Cephalotus Follicularis? lol. I do believe you have a patch of those along with some Nepenthes achieving some brilliant coloring. By far, the best landscape terrarium I have ever seen.

Here is my terrarium, sorry dont know how to post pics on here so here is a link.

Terrarium

Back