What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

I'm curious to see what some of your terrariums look like! I'll be posting a pic of mine soon I hope (once the film is developed). Some of your terrarium pics might help me for good setup ideas. Anyone interested?
wink.gif

Here's mine:

12426672-6816-01600120-.jpg

Top Row: N.Estuchya seed, Heliamphora Heterodoxa, N.Tobaica "Pink/Red", N.Rafflesiana "Singapore Giant"

Bottom row: Estuchya seed, D.Alicae, N.Clipeata, D.Capensis Alba

Not pictured: N.Longifolia,D.Capensis "Red"

You had to ask!
Mine may take some time to load I hope you feel it's worth the wait.

75low.jpg

75 gallon aquarium 240 watts of flourescent light 1" of water beneath false bottom made of egg crate and PVC piping
Back wall inhabited by various tilandisa, orchid and ant plants.
Back row:: N x Morganiana/coccinea/wriglyana, N. truncata, vrisea bromiliad, N. khasiana hybrid (obscured from view)
Front:N x Morganiana/coccinea/wriglyana, N. ampullaria, N. eustachya, U. "livida",  N. coccinea cutting, N. "ventrata", N,. bicalcarata.

29-a.jpg

29 gallon: 80 watts flourescent light, 1" water under false bottom.
Back: tray of 12 N.x Coccinea cuttings, small offshoot of N x Morganiana/coccinea/wriglyana, N. maxima, N. ventricosa, N. gracilis (fat variety)
Front: N. "ventrata", N. ampullaria, N. northiana, N. ventricosa N. gracilis (normal variety cut off from view)
Very front: 4 tubes of invitro VFTs and 1 tube of D. capillaris

29-b.jpg

29 gallon: 80 watts flourescent light water depth varies from 1/2" - 2"
Rear: P. moraensis, S. alata, S. minor, S. flava, VFT tall skinny petioles 1 1/2" traps, VFT flat ground hugging rosette 1 1/2" traps with red blushed insides, S. rubra, P. ionantha
Middle:D spathulata, D. capillaris, D. intermedia, VFT flat ground hugging rosette  (3/4" traps), D. capensis, S. purpurea 3 diff varieties, D. adelae (thanks poophead)
Front: D. spathulata, D. binata, P. caerulea, P. planifolia (2), D. capensis, D. intermedia, D. spathulata (?), D. rotundifolia

highland.jpg

Highland enclosure outside view (yes, I like heavy metal as well as CPs&#33
wink.gif
You can see the duct leading from the airconditioner to the DIY enclosure, there is a blue box at teh bottom which is the ultrasonic humidifier which humidifies the air which flows in the enclosure. A humidistat is set to keep the air between 75%-80%. It's lit by 175 W of compact flourescent lighting (which is apx. 2 times brighter than standard flouirescents for the same wattage infact I do not light the bedroom with another lamp until the terrarium goes off at midnight.

highland-L.jpg

Highland tank left side top Left to right:
N. fusca, N, rajah (it has sprouted two side rosettes and is only 4-5 I across&#33
wink.gif
, N. inermis, N. lowii, N. hamata,
Bottom: Aristolochia gigantea 'brasilaensis', ressurection fern, hearts tongue fern, N. coccinea cutting (experiment), U. calycifida, U. sandersonii, Aristolochia grandiflora, Cephalotus follicularis

highland-R.jpg

Highland right side:
Top: Back : N. hamata (corner of pot), N. maxima x N. bongso cutting, N. maxima cutting. lemon button fern
Front: Pot of Utricularia alpina seeds. N. ventricosa, N. x Judith finn
Bottom: Back: Aristolochia peruviana, Phragmegenium faerianum,
Middle: Cephaloutus follicularis, U. "livida", U "sandersonii", D. rotundifolia
Mid Front: U. gibba, U. floridiana, U. purpurea (quart size deli containers)
Front: U. cornuta (not shown), U. caerulea, U. Simplex, DN. x Judith Finn. Aristolocia grandiflora (normal variety)

Here's my growchamber for the heck of it too.

12435984-0611-01600120-.jpg

12435960-0e40-01600120-.jpg

Front to back: Ventrata,Ampullaria "spotted" in the air Veitchii x Truncata and then Bicalcarata "Red" in the back last plant.

12435958-b550-01600120-.jpg

Right to left side going forward: Truncata,Bical, Ventricosa "Red", Mimosa Pudica

12435956-93a9-01600120-.jpg

Slightly different view of the above photo, I am not naming all the palnts again here! lol.  
smile.gif
 You can pick out the easy ones.

Wow, nice set-ups and plant collections everyone! Well, I said I'd get mine here, so here it is...the newbie terrarium in full color!

Just tiny, the mister was on when I took this pic, and these were the VFT's I was having such trouble with and gave up on. No plants right now, but plenty coming! I have moved the mister to the back center of the tank at an uphill slope so that the mist can distribute evenly.

Oh for the terrarium of my dreams! The plan eventually is to make a huge one complete with a full operating fountain with mister to give the terrarium a nice tropical effect with full waterfall ad lots of foliage. Have lots of misters and fountain pumps, it's everything else that'll cost us! Someday though...

biggrin.gif

Here are 2 of main
the big one
big_ter.jpg

and a smaller one
ter_2.jpg

arie

Wow Arie, that is a really nice setup! I really like it!

Evelyn
biggrin.gif

Very nice terrarium everyone. I'll try to get my terrarium pics up.
biggrin.gif

ooh very nice terrariums!!
all i have is a ghetto put-together-cube 'terrarium' (if i should even call it that) in my dorm room for my nep

Lookin good ;>

CN.. Looks like your trying to link to your harddrive. Your photos need to be uploaded to a webserver first and then your link would point to the address for them.

Maybe some of the other folks that don't have their own webserver or domain can get you going with this help.
Tony

Oh, sorry! I didn't realize this was a problem. Thanks Tony, I can probably easily enough get some free webspace at geocities for that. Will look into that tomorrow.
smile.gif

Petflytrap.com has webspace available.

No pop up ads or anything like that.

Most people use it to host pics of plants
smile.gif

email phil pcrane@petflytrap.com he can give you directions.
(just be patient, he takes some time to write back )

=====

Great pics everyone. I wish I still had my setup....I lost it all when I moved
sad.gif

All I have is my greenhouse and bog
smile.gif
I plan on making a tank again....other than that, I have 'jungle pots' scattered all around
smile.gif

Anyone interested in having pics posted in the user gallery:

email me: jaie@Petflytrap.com

It will take some time to get it up, but at least I will have them. Include any information that you want!!

Here is a picture of mine awhile back...

11710793-ebf2-028001E0-.jpg

I am thinking of upgrading to a 100 gallon
wink.gif
because I know 20, 30, and 50, will soon be to small. You have to think BIG. I wonder if I could have plants haning in my 10 gallon or not? Any ideas? I doubt it would work.

travis

Remember I said my D. capensis was in shock for about 2 months well you can see it some what in the picture (right next to the nep). Well it is finely out of shock and doing well, Thank goodness...

travis

Since I can not stop posting
confused.gif
...there are some really nice setups
wow.gif
. I need to take some lessons.
smile.gif
Talk to Me!
biggrin.gif
wow. I need to get off my cloud 9 and go to bed...{{{ptffffffff}}}

travis

To suspend plant in your fishtank you could take some chicken wire and and stretch across the bottom of your hood. Then just attach the plant to it. It also wouldn't interfere with getting to the plant underneath them. Could make it diffacult to get to the light though.

I use super-strong suction cups with little hooks on them to hang my plants from the side of the tank. I've also used the little wire "shower shelves" that attach with suction cups..

Back