What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

Nice setup, Marco!!!
biggrin.gif

hey guys nice terrerums iv allready seen aries i hope one day i could have a terrerum but i don't need one i can grow my nepenthes out side any way my nepenthes are to big for a terra or a green house. matti.
smile.gif

oh dude! not in here too!
sad.gif

can somebody please delet my posting in Norwegian
confused.gif

I was a little angre wend I wrote it.
Thanks , Bjørn

I delete that msg you ask for
yes sometime there are msg's that could make us angry
Arie

Macro,
What types of Nepenthes are in there? I would like see more pics of the terrarium.

here it`s my new one...........
is very mysh nicer than the first one....
smile.gif

Mitjo,
Nice! What's the nep on the far right? Do you have a pic of that one close up?

that Nepenthes is ventrata....all mine are that species......they are cuttings.
here is pic:
wink.gif

What size tank is that, weser? Mine is a 10-gallon tank and my nep ventricosa has taken over. Although it is in an 8-inch pot...so what size pot do you have yours in? I can only fit three other plants and they are sundews...the others are in the refrig.

Thanks,
Travis

I dont have no idea what size is that!

Hey Weser,
One inch is about 2.5 CM, so can you guess how big the pot is?

I spanned it.......it`s tall 58cm x wide 35cm x high 36cm = 73L = 19.29G.
wink.gif

Just because I am feeling argumentative
tounge.gif

Khai said:
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to add that you have either a High pressure sodium lamp OR a Metal Halide lamp.
There is no such thing as a Sodium Halide lamp.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually there are Sodium/Halide bulbs. They are made by a company called AgroSun and are wonderful in that they provide a more balanced spectrum, so you get the blue needed for growth and the red needed for flowering.

As far as the glass vs. paint debate is concerned MrMiller covered most of it in his long post. To sum up, a mirror is ultra reflective or else you could not see yourself in it. The image in a mirror is called a reflection for a reason. I do think I know where your confusion is coming from though Khai

Khai said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with a mirror the light is sent through the LEADED glass and then hits a reflective LEADED backer which it then bounces off of and passes once more through the LEADED glass, then it may proceed to you plants leaves.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Your problem was defining the glass as LEADED. Leaded glass dose have absorptive tendancies, but mainly for UV. That is why it is used for houses and cars and such. Your typical mirror however does not need to worry about dealing with UV and so is not leaded.

I think we're kind of mixing apples and oranges here (sort of). Flat white is an excellent diffuse reflector. It spreads the light evenly in random directions. Mirrors are excellent specular reflectors. They are much different than a flat white surface. Both are good for plants.

Dyflam, you make a very good point:)

hey, I got a question I got a terrarium 1 and a half years ago for x-mas and know I got another one only this one is a 30-35gallon fish tank and I got 2 florisint lights what do I put on top of the fish tank so the flourisint light waves can go throw soo then they will hit the plants because flourisnt lights can go throw plast glass what else should I use to put on top of the tank so the flourist would work for the cps that I have.
biggrin.gif

Huh?
confused.gif

I think this answer is appropriate:
"Phil Traper2 you need some serious work on your grammar, punctuation and spelling!  The spelling at least you could take some time to look up words your unsure of how to spell.

Translation (as best I can figure and trying not to edit it too badly):

Hey I got a question.  I got a terrarium 1 and a half years ago for x-mas.  Now I got another one, only this one is a 30-35 gallon fish tank.  I also have 2 fluorescent lights.  What do I put on top of the fish tank so the fluorescent light waves can go through and hit the plants?  (not sure about this last part)
Fluorescent light can go through plastic and glass, is there something else I should use besides this on top of the tank that would work for the cps that I have?

I would suggest some plate glass or a piece of plexiglass/acrylic.  The glass is cheaper and less likely to sag but also heavier, breakable and if the edges are not smoothed, potentially a great way to cut your fingers.  It might even work to just use some plastic food wrap over the top to hold humidity in.
Tony "

Back