What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

Hello Maehem,

Nice terrarium you have got. Please can you give me more information about the waterfall/fountain? Did you create it yourself or did you bought it? Have you got close-up of the fountain? Would love to see it!

What about lightning?

Greets,

Marco

Here is a pic of the waterfall.

Fountain.gif

I got both the terrarim and the waterfall for Christmas from my father-in-law. Initially I didn't have the waterfall in the terrarium, but it was very difficult to keep the humidity up so I put it in and it has worked wonderfully. The waterfalls should be available at most lawn and garden centres, usually they are sold with potted plants set into them, but are rather pricey.

I am currently building a second fountain for the second terrarium (looks just like the one in the pic). I am using a glazed cermaic bowl, and a $15 "table top fountain pump" (available at lawn and garden centers) I plan to put the pump in the bottom of the bowl, fill it with decorative rocks and water. I will post pics when it's done.

As for lighting, it's all natural. All my plants are in the gazebo with the hot tub. They get bright indirect light all day, and about 4 hours of direct light in the early afternoon.

Hello Maehem,

Thanks for the pic, it looks nice... I will check the local gardencentres overhere, till soo far there was nothing to my taste. That's why I am planning to build one myself, using a waterfall or mystifier.

But I don't know how to begin :) Is Chicken-Wire an option? In dutch we have: "pur-schuim" don't know how to translate gives a natural effect (used also for terrarium-backgrounds for reptiles), but I am not sure if you can combine it with water.

Anyway, I am very much interested in your new waterfall design!

Thanks for posting,

Greets,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I'm not exactly sure what pur-schuim is. Is it something like foam with rock-like finish? Is it a spray? An adhesive?

Maybe if you described how you were thinking of using it that might help.

Hey Macro,
I have a little waterfall that I got in a pet store....You might try looking there.

could everyone post their pics again? almost all of them are little "x"s, and clup photo signs

Or edit your old posts and replace the pics that aren't working with new ones.

6,000 BTU night aircondition + 800 watt day heater + ultrasonic humidifier + circulation fan + 1000W metal halide = very happy plants.

Picture015.jpg

joe

Very nice, Joseph!
biggrin.gif
I can't wait until I start to buy new supplies for my new terrarium!

Thanks, I just covered all the walls with mylar so I don't need the heater anymore, and it is extremely bright inside my little 7ftx9ft terrarium. After I found the A/C unit on sale at walmart for $150 I couldn't resist building the chamber.

And it came with two remote controls so my lowland Neps and Highland Neps each have their own remote for the A/C. Although sometimes at night I swear I can hear them arguing.

joe

Thats a very nice terrarium joseph. Maarco What kind of Nepenthes is that on your pic next to the ping?
biggrin.gif

MarcoCraamer,

The ping with flowers does not seem to be crassifolia. Maybe a picture of the face of the flower would help. It looks to be very healthy.

000_0133.jpg

I finally have a pic of my highland terrarium, hope you like it,
                      Kevin

sarraluver, i don't see your pic, let me try to post it
smile.gif

000_0133.jpg

that's sarracneialuvers terrarium
biggrin.gif

000_0133.jpg
Ok now i got it, this is my highland terrarium, hope you like it,
Kevin

Here's my updated terrarium. My old pic is on page four.
Terra3.jpg

Nice looking terrariums y'all
smile.gif
!

Great Terrariums, I will post my pics up of my Terraium and greenhouse in the Summar like in July or June. Great pics. Monkeyma I really like you neps. And saladshooter I like your Dixie.
biggrin.gif

Back