What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

Back left to right. N.Amp,akai ryu,green dragon,2 all green vft
middle left to right giant trap vft, sarr L(pink), giant vft,N ephippiata (baby), N. spec x N. ?

front. bunch of baby stuff from drosea to vfts

I'd post a pic of my grow chamber but I don't want to type out what's in it.

joe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd post a pic of my grow chamber but I don't want to type out what's in it.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Slacker.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

your right I am, You can tell from my abbreviations of everything. besides everything in my ugly grow chamber is very young and uninteresting to look at.

joe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (joseph @ Nov. 12 2002,7:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can anyone tell me where to get sand?  is the rock sand or whatever it is homedepot sells safe for our plants?
confused.gif

pic015.jpg
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">your right I am, You can tell from my abbreviations of everything.  besides everything in my ugly grow chamber is very young and uninteresting to look at.

joe [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

THATS NOT UNINTERESTING!! it's cool one!
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I can't believe you think that uninteresting.

hey spec,
thanks but the picture is of my almost lowland display tank with overpriced compact lighting. my almost highland grow chamber resides in the basement made out of 2x4s and plexiglass with shoplights laying across the top. soon I will make a highland tank for the living room but I want to wait until after xmas, I hinted to the old lady that i wanted a routing table which would make construction that much easier.

Wow, I see some nice setups. I currently have only 2 struggling VFTs in my CP "collection" I used to have many more plants, and this thread has encouraged me. I still have many orchids and home grown ferns, aquatics etc. I just need Time. Time to recover, Time to rebuild. Seeing these pics helps...

Thank you.

Everyones tank looks like its shut 100% . How do the plants live with out the fresh air ?

I was told at another site CPs need to get fresh air or they will die so dont put a lid on my tank.

Right now I have a lid on two 3rds of it to keep the humidity up.

_-West-_

Another pic of my Highland terrarium from the side:
CP_Terrarium%20(Side).JPG

Front Row: P. Ehlersiae, D. Burmunii ``red tentacles",U. Tricolor, and U. Calycifida.
Middle Row: N. Sanguinea (2), D. Spathulata, and D. Burmunii ``red tentacles".
Back Row: N. Ventricosa and D. Alaciae.

If you had told me a year ago that I would have a terrarium with CPs in it I would have thought you were pulling my leg.  These things are devious.  It starts with a VFT, then maybe a nep or dew. Next thing you are completely addicted and wondering why it took so long to get started
laugh.gif

15081582-61dd-02000180-.jpg

Nice setup BCK I like the deer behind that nep!! (What kind is that?) Keep us updated!! Happy Holidays everyone!
                    Kevin
biggrin.gif

The Neps are all ventricosas. The one in the green pot I got from PFT Oct. 30th. The others I got back in July/August from another supplier. The one in front of Bambi is one I rooted after it fell off the porch rail (wind blew it off) and the stem broke. There's a 4th Nep in the center behind the D. spatulata.

BCK,
That's a great looking terrarium! Beauty! Is that a Capensis on the back right? It's so big and full! Nice!
biggrin.gif

Yea schloaty, that's a capensis. It's the reason I got a terrarium. I got the Neps and my VFTs adjusted to my low humidity but my capensis wouldn't form dew and I had run out of things to keep it covered with, so I got the terrarium. It looked sorta empty with just the dew so I experimented with the other plants to see what I could fit in there. I got the three D. spatulata a month ago and they took the place of a green dragon. The spatulata in the back is sending up a flower bud already as is the capensis.

I ain't proud of my CPs. Can you tell?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey BCK,
What are the tems you keep your neps and dews at? Also, what is the humidity, and what type of lights are you using?Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Kevin

Had to check the temp and humidity as I usually don't keep track of them inside the terrarium. Right now the temp is 79.9°F and the humidity is 83%. I have three 20W 24" portable Grow Lights on top of the aquarium with a sheet of aluminum foil over them to reflect the light back down into the tank. The top of the tank has no other cover on it. I do keep a small trashbag on hand to shade the back of the tank when the sun gets to bright/hot in the afternoon.

Living in Singapore has its advantages...my room is my fish tank...the sun is the flourescent lights...and the windows keep the humidity in...

P1280183.jpg

My ACTUAL terrarium is used for cuttings and for plants that fall sick during rainy seasons...needing that extra bit of light...

P1280184.jpg

Wow! you have awesome plant system!
wink.gif

Here's mine. It's still not finished. I have one more nep to add and I am currently trying to grow sphagnum moss as a ground cover for the terrarium.

This is my newest addition to my growing area. It consists of 4 10-gallon terrariums with 6 40w fluorescent bulbs.

LightingFor4TenGallonTanks.jpg

Back