What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium Pics

Jon what is that nep that is bigger then the other one next to it. Also Kyrakin u shouldnt have so much rocks with that many rocks you lessen the growing area take some out and mix the pearlit in the soil and have alot from ur pics it look like all the perlite is at the top.

It's a N. alata "Highland Redstripped"., it's getting really big right now...

A bit hard to see, but here is an updated photo:

terrarium2.jpg

...and my red dragons turned green - I am guessing from not enough good light.

Look my new super bright terrarium just finished! it is turned on its side

front: still under construction
024_G.sized.jpg

zoom-in in first tray:
026_G.thumb.jpg

!!!
biggrin.gif

wow i'm jealous!!! i don't have any pics because I only have 2 plants so far maybe in a few years I'll build a green house once I get settled down and graduate!

Here's pictures of my 4 terraria.

First one is in my living room.  Tropical Utrics, Nepenthes, and Heliamphoras are represented.  There's also a misting system.

terrarium1.jpg

Here you see the humidifier underneath:

terrarium1a.jpg

Next, you see my terraria in "my" room of the house.  Top one is a 50 gallon fish tank on its side with mylar backing and 4 40watt fluorescent tubes.  I have no front cover.  The lower box is a custom built terrarium specially designed for my pygmies and tuberous Drosera.

terrarium2.jpg

aussie.jpg

Last but not least, we have the D. schizandra tank.  Yes, it does need its own tank.  

terrarium3.jpg

terrarium3a.jpg

enjoy,

Homer

Very NICE

yeah nice if we could see them

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Khai @ April 06 2004,1:08)]yeah nice if we could see them
home.petflytrap.com is down very often. That is where the images are hosted.

Homer,
Which tuberous drosera is that? Thanks
Nice tank! you have some nice drosera and neps
oh BTW here is where I grow about half my plants.
overview.jpg

is that a sundew i see in with the ampullaria?
tounge.gif
looks like my set-up no more room for plants. oh well ill start my construction project in a couple weeks. my fiance said i could have the space above the couch so i okayed the dimentions with the "boss" and she said i can go interior dimentions: 5ft tall by 3.5 or 4 ft deep by 8 or 12 ft long. it will kinda be like a sofa table behind the couch. stipulations: must look nice, have sliding glass doors in the front and must be able to use the space under the growth chamber and behind the couch for storage. lots of tropical CP and orchid space for me YAY!

Rattler

Wow! You must have bought your fiance a really big diamond! LOL.

lol actually to tell the truth, shes the kind of person that gets interested in anything that someone she is around is into so while she considers herself to have a black thumb and refuses to touch any of my plants she does like looking at them, especially the orchids and Nep pitchers. she has probably looked over "the Savage Garden" almost as much as me. plus we live in the middle of nowhere and knows i have to have my hobbies to stay sane, well as sane as possible anyways. as of right now there is no ring. she is extreamly picky on rings and i knew not having one wouldnt bug her in the least.  she also makes a great shooting buddy and has laid claim to several of my rifles.
tounge.gif

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]is that a sundew i see in with the ampullaria?  
Well you know those stupid d. adelaes from lowes that don't grow right? it made an offshoot and that's whats in the pot
tounge.gif
 the other one is d. capensis alba. and yes I'm completely out of room for plants, so I'm starting to grow more outside.
P.S. someone needs to pin this topic

oh and the ping in the amp pot is just there temporarily but its p. primuliflora

Hi there!

There's my terrarium:

left side:
terrarium_vorne_links.jpg

right side:
terrarium_vorne_rechts.jpg

mfG
Max

Wow cool terrariums peeps! More posts more posts hehehehe...alright, I'll post mine when I get to it...

hi, new here, but I wanted to put up a picture of my first terrarium.

071404.jpg

Very nice.
That's a Hex tank with a waterfall in the background?

I like!

Back