What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three days

Hello Everyone,

I am the new guy on block.  I am hoping for some of you to give me some great ideals and projects to keep myself busy.  

Can someone tell me about flooring? What are you using?  
Most important can someone help me out with the lingo?  I know that VFT is for Venus Fly Trap..but with is the other abbrevations for?

This what I did to my fish tank.  I am removing the waterfall soon though.
MVC-004S.JPG

CP?
carnivorous plant

LFS = Long Fiber Sphagnum
icon3.gif

N, Nep, and Neps = Nepenthes (tropical pitcher plant)
D. = Drosera (sundew)
Ceph = Cepholotus
S, Sarra, Sarras, Sarr, and Sarrs = Sarracenia
there are a billion more that people just make up, and eventually you learn to interpret them.
smile.gif

Oh, and your pics don't work...Once you upload them to the site, don't delete them again, otherwise on pft all you see is a small, little, red X...
sad.gif

what do you mean by flooring? for the terrarium? If for the terrarium, just put a layer of pearlite, about 2 inches, on the bottom, it will provide drainage, and you won't need trays.
I've been thinking, why not just keep the waterfall in there? It raises the humidity...
confused.gif

I would like to think everyone for their replies.

I found the source of the flooding on the water fall...it was a flaw in the material.  I fixed it with two small pebbles to redirect the flow of the water and a med size flat pebble to incline the fall itself at an angle.  So, the water fall will remain.

I have another question though.  Those VFTs need moving air?

It's not that VFTs or any other CP needs moving air so much as the moving air discourages the growth of fungus and to some extent algae on their soils.

Back