What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting a small terrarium

I looked over the lighting post at the top of this board, but it didn't help much. It was directed mostly at those with full size terrariums. I have 2 plants (will be 3) in the little 3 gallon fishbowl terrarium they sell on this site and I was looking to supliment the 1 or so hours of daylight my plants will get.

Can I just buy something like this and drop an envirolight in it or something? Or do all these special growing bulbs use a special kind of light socket. It's a little terrarium and I have very little desk space and I was hoping not to have to spend much. As you can probably tell, I'm pretty clueless on this whole lighting thing.
tounge.gif

Anyway, any help (and links) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nicholas,
You can use a reflector lamp attachment and a compact flourescent bulb. I'll post a pic of my setup when I get a chance.

Ok, here's the pic. I think the diameter of the reflector is 8". You can find smaller ones, around 4". That should work.

reflector.jpg

Back