Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coco-fiber/panel, tree fern, ghost wood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coco-fiber/panel, tree fern, ghost wood

I was just wondering if these products are safe to use with cps? Will they leak or deposit any thing into the bedding that will kill the plants?

Also has any one used either coco-fiber and tree fern as a background? Which would be a better choice and why?

Thanks in advance for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seedling, cocofiber is used in some potting mixes of highlander. w/ it decomposing i would say it take years for it to acually break down. i have a couple of coconuts in the backyard that is alot older than i am and they might have holes in them from the bugs but are still hard as bricks
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil knows something about coconut fiber....I'll try to call his attention to your question and have him answer you on this.
    Till then I'd be careful what you use...better safe than sorry.
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coco fiber that has been washed and is free of salt is safe to use in your planting mixes. I am infact, getting ready to re-do my entire terrarium with coco fiber, cork board, and a few other niceties to make it more scenic.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coco fiber looks and feels great. And, no matter how hard you try, you can't squeeze moist coco fiber into a tight ball, it resists compaction (a good thing). Like Ram said, make sure it is clean and doesn't have salt in it. If you're not sure, you can always do a taste test like I did [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened