Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small indoor greenhouse less than $100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,
    I was just wondering where I could get a small (3'x4&#39 indoor greenhouse/grow chaimber for less than $100?
    Thanks!
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best bet is to construct one from 2x2's and poly. There was a post sometime back on how to construct such a structure.
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a greenhouse 3'x4'x2' length x width x height from Big lots(used to be Pic N' Save). It cost $19.99 when it was on sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wal*Marts and JoAnn Fabric stores have a 3 x 3 x 3 greenhouse for 19.99 or 29,99 I forget wghat I paid and they also have one thats 3w x 3l & 6h and it's like $69.99 These aren't the best for exclusive indoor growing and are about as good of quality as a 2x2 & poly plastic DIY job. If you're gonna use it outseside for spring/summer and fall then they can't be beat for ease of construction (no tools nedded everything snaps together and zippers shut) but I don't like them for indoor growing chambers because they don't hold enough humidity for my liking.

However, If you make a frame of 2 x 2 wood and instead of poly sheeting you put waterproof fiberglass tub wall surround (you buy it in 4 ft x 8 ft sheets) on the frame and then caulk it on all seams you will retain much more moisture and heat or cold (depending upon what you wanna grow). It's 100% more sturdy and useful plus the glossy white of the wall surround reflects the light back at the plants and they seem to dig the extra light.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great surround idea! I have an old avary I am going to make into a green house.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thanks all! I don't really understand how the walmart one looses so much humidity? couldn't you just caulk the edges of that one, too? thanks again!!
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

IF you have a CVS by you they sell greenhouses for $14.95 they are 2tier mini greenhouses. Hold in humidity great and heat to.
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

you can see the mini greenhouse go to the Nepenthes topic and got to N. Ventrata and he has a mini 2tier greenhouse and both of his big N. Ventrata are standing in there with a unknown Nep.
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast