User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Installing 1 greenhouse and a sanctuary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a little problem, you see outside, my whole backyard ive turned into a actual like swamp, willow trees a pond with tons of mud and sand around it, ive planted 3 20 foot by 20foot squares of pitcher plants, VFTs and sundew. Then outside i have one hothouse ( every year in november, i replant all the plants outside inside the hothouse for the cold season, i dont give em dormancies). Now the problem is, i am ordering more VFT's from botanical gardens, a ton more, so i want to install a Greenhouse, and a sanctuary of nepenthes and butterworts in my basement. My basement isnt that big, and ive ordered 20 butterworts and 15 nep's. And the greenhouse outside, but i barley have any room left, and what! SWEET! second.....Back i was looknig out the window behind my comp and a bee landed in one of my giant pitcher plants. LoL he is stuck! i can see his shadow in the sun. Anyways, i dont have much room left, what should i do? Move my 10 gallon pond? Then i could hurt my Aquatic VFT's! Like my U.gibba and stuff!
    Oh, so this is how you make a signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First a question, what zone are you in? I am in Zone 7 and my VFT's, pitcher plants and sundews stay out year round for two reasons. 1 without a dormacy period they will die and 2 transplanting them causes them to reduce the growth, I had one pitcher plant that it took a full yeat to recover from being transplanted.

Second, what are you asking help on? Do you want advice on installing a greenhouse. It would help if you could post pictures of your setup so we can see what you are doing and make recomendations.
    Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont own a scanner, a digital camera or anything of the sort to take pictures. I live out in the country, near a lake and a forest, i have never heard of "Zones". What i am asking is if i should remove all my plants for the greenhouse? But thats a bad idea, i might just build a sanctuary instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zone I was talking about is the USDA planting zone, it gives average temps for areas or zones in the US. Here is a link that showes the zones. USDA zones I use my greenhouse to grow plants that will not surrive outside year round. I would not recomend removing your plants to but in a greenhouse. If you want to protect them from the cold you can always construct a temporary coldframe over them for the colder months. Here is a link to a site that sells cold frames and Green houses. Cold frames & green houses I purchased my green house from them.
    Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in zone 6, thats why i have a hot house outside, for winter. Thanks for the website, i will order parts there.