What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungus?

I got my terrarium setup about 5 or 6 days ago. My 2 VFTs seem to be doing okay (a little weak, but okay). My common had 2 traps that died though and now they have something on them that looks like it might be a fungus. It's hard to describe, it looks like tiny hairs. Kind of like the crystals that grow on ice cream if you leave it in the freezer way to long
tounge.gif
. Anyway, if anyone could help identify what it is and give me suggestions on how to take care of it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Pic 1

Pic 2

thats fungus, always remove dead stuff from vft's, you can just scoop the fungus off.

Thanks. If I scoop it off, it won't leave spores behind or anything? Will I need any kind of fungicide?

it is a good idea to get fungicide it only cost about 3 dollars and you can buy it right off of this site

One thing you can do, is heavily mist your fungus, then let more air circulation and ur soil get a little bit drier exposing it to more sun and the fungus should be gone. I'm using fungicide right now for mine, hopefully it'll help.,

You can also use a little rubbing alcohol, but I recommend the fungicide

Back