What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is my setup, I want to know if this is enough light to grow my plants healthy and not stunted or spindley. I have 1 warm white flourescent, 1 soft white flourescent, and one purple tinted?? radionic light. All are 18'' over a ten gallon terrarium, and they are all 15 watts each so its 45 watts all together. This will be pretty much all the light that the plants will be getting if I take it to the basement in my room which I am planning on doing... These are the plants that are in the terrarium (most of them are only about 1-2 yrs old), S. rubra, S. purpurea, Unknown nepenthes hybrid(which is in the terrarium in its own little cover, it is in a glass cookie jar), drosera adalae, drosera intermedia "cuba", and darlingtonia(which is also in a little terrarium cover).
Thanks,
John
biggrin.gif

purple tinted radionic ? Not familiar with that one.

Sounds like you will have enough light with the 3 bulbs. I would just use 2 cool white and 1 warm white. I don't grow larger plants exclusively under artificial lighting though. So maybe someone that does can confirm one way or the other if it is sufficient light for the size terrarium etc.
Tony

Back