Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geckos in terrarium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi i just got a two pairs of leopeoard geckos, they are in a 55 gallon tank. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to plant my carnivorous plant in with them. The soil is complied with many of these plants. The only thing i'm worried about is all my crickets getting eatten up, plus will my reptiles be injured or will the plants get injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leopard geckos are desert animals,carnivous plants come from jungles and bogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving this where it might get more response ... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have only to geckos in a 55 gallon tank, I have one and its in a 10 gallon!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grim, once it grows to adult size, it will need to be moved to a 20 gallon. My HUGE male leopard gecko is in a 20 gallon long tank and he would never do well in a ten. The better rule is: 20 gallons per gecko.

DKiM128, as you suggested, the crickets would be eaten by the cps if you put cps in the leos' cage. Also, the habitat of the leo and the habitat of the cp are two VERY different things. Leopard geckos come from the dry, rocky deserts of India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, while cps come from tropical, wet, boggy, mineral-free environments of some parts of the united states. Putting the desert dweller leopard gecko with the tropical cp would be like putting a fish with a horse, which isn't the best transition.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Good luck!
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many inchs is yours, i dont know how old mine is, when is it htey reach maturity?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who, me?

If so, mine is somewhere around eight inches long. When females are mature, they are anywhere from 7-9 inches long. When males are mature, they are anywhere from 8-10 inches long. Leos in the wild have been known to grow up to a foot long, which is also possible in captivity, but unlikely. As for age, my male will be two years old somewhere around this August/September area. I got him two years ago in September, first day of Autumn in fact, and, judging by his size then, he couldn't have been more than a month or a month and a half old, so he must have been born around August. Wow... ***thinks about it***... I've only had him for two years... seems like I've had him for an eternity!!! And they can live 20+ years if they are healthy. God... if I ever lost my gecko for any reason, it'd be like losing my dog!

Ok I'm rambling... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

If you have any more questions pertaining to anything about leo's, except maybe breeding, ask me! Me the expert! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Greetings,
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any pics of your Gekos home. I had my adult in a 10 gallon tank. I know I needed a bigger one. I always wanted to make a 55 gallon tank with nice rock edge, plants and sand. My local petsore guy said NEVER use sand, because he said the digest it and plugs up their system. Mine was very healthy and he had great colors. When he was a baby he had the brightest yellow bands I have ever seen. Oh, I miss him. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img] I had to give him away because I could not longer get crickets in my area. He was huge and on occasion I fed him a pinky mouse. Great pet and I'm thinking of getting another one. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast