Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubble wrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Tony's statement? What is there to lose, right now, what do u have up? If nothing than definaltly go for it, no use in not trying... Just keep a close eye on the temps....

What if u lifted the propagot lid up a bit off the tray/ground/wutever its resting on, say about an inch or so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Tony, you are undoubtedly correct (I have taken enough physics courses that I should have figured out that bubble wrap wouldn't block the IR wavelengths.)

I guess I'll have to think up a new plan
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what you need is something clear or nearly so that will block/deflect or absorb the infrared rays only!

Not sure if there is anything out there like that but hey you never know.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote (Pyro @ Aug. 05 2002,3:12)
    Yeah Tony, you are undoubtedly correct (I have taken enough physics courses that I should have figured out that bubble wrap wouldn't block the IR wavelengths.)

I guess I'll have to think up a new plan[/QUOTE]
    I think you might be surprised how much IR is blocked. Since it's not incident on a flat surface a lot will be reflected. I would give it a shot.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

You can always put a fan in there as well.

( since we are making this ) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Place your bubble wrap....inside your patio, run a fan. Box fan or whatever you have. It does work. I will put out more fans in the greenhouse on the days that the temps here are high, and just that extra bit of airflow really helps with the temps.( that is in addition to the other fans, misters and louvers- Houston gets pretty steamy ).

Just so you have some circulation in your area, and not stagnant hot air building.

It is my understanding that evaportive cooling doesn't work in areas with high humidity. ( at least that is what the sales person told me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])

Good luck with what you do, and take some pics up it when you have it up and running!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good idea Jeff but the propogators are only 10 x 20 x 8 and don't really have a lot of extra room.

I'll send you a pic of it all if you like, just to give you an idea.

Pyro
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

7. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12