What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Propagators?

I just wondered if a electronic propagator (it provides heat not electric&#33
wink.gif
would be helpful in the germination of my Drosera during the colder months of the year. Would it speed up germination or make germination more successful?

Does anyone use a electronic propagator?  
confused.gif

Thanks

John

Hey Mr. Sundew,
Not too sure how helpful this will be, but I am currently trying one out...

So far my Papaya seeds are sprouting like heck, but the sar seeds haven't done anything yet (it's only been a week). The good thing about these contraptions is that they keep the soil at a good temp.

schloaty, I'm going to be trying some S oreophila seeds and I was told to plant them overwinter so that the spring rise in temp will cause germination. We'll see I guess. Did you cold stratify your Sarr seeds for at least 6-8 weeks? Which sp. are you trying?

Yes,
I had the sar seeds in the fridge for about 5 or 6 weeks (I think 6). I don't know what kind they are, I got a mixed bag. We'll see if I get lucky
confused.gif

I won't be too devestated if they don't germinate, though. They were only $2.50
wink.gif

I have also heard that I may need to wait a LONG time to see any sprouts.
wow.gif
mad.gif

Yeah, I hear CP seeds are very hard to get going, I just bought a variety of different CP seeds.Yes, at least the prices per packet are usually good even if they don't sprout it's something new to try! I hope I do get at least one plant from each but of course I had to order all the hardest to germinate stuff!
biggrin.gif

Back