What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Co2 Systems

• Thread starter Shauntell
  • Start date
I was just looking at all this fish and plant supply stuff and came across these and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it. I was wondering if it would improve my plants overall health and growth. They are really expensive so I don't want to spend all the money and then have all my plants die too. Thanks. shauntell

Hi Shauntell,
Here's a link to a previos post on this topic that also has a link to a site that tells how to build a cheap CO2 generator
CO2

There are several more threads discussing CO2.  Just use the search button near the top of this page and enter CO2 as the keyword and click your other choices in the next couple of boxes and your set to go
smile.gif
. Have fun.
smile.gif

Wow, I didn't even know you could do searches on this site.
wow.gif
Thank you very much. That'll save me a lot of time.
biggrin.gif

I use gallon jug size yeast driven CO2 generators on the smaller terrariums but for big enclosures & greenhouses you probably need an expensive pressurized unit to gain enough CO2 to be effective so my highland tank doesn't have one.

I say they help plants grow better!
smile.gif

Hi Swords, umm. how do you make a yeast system. The vinegar one might work but it doesn't sound lik it would smell all taht great. It also says it's for under water systems. Mine setup consists of 2 ten gallon aquariums. Will that be too much? Is there a link on how to make those?

Shauntel, use the word yeast as your key word for the search to find <>-{VIRUS}-<>They's thread.

Thank you very much. I will hopefully get this whole site search thing down so it becomes habit and then I will ask a lot less irritating and repetitive questions. Thank you all again. Shauntell

No problem. Yours aren't any more irratating then mine or anyone elses. Besides I suspect that there are several people out there that haven't quite figured out the search engine yet and they are kibbitzing on this thread in the hopes of figuring it out a little better. If you have more questions on the search feel free to ask them. The answers will not only help you but others who are too shy to ask.

Thanks BCK. I always worry about irritating people because I'm still new to this whole thing. This is the first forum I've ever been on. All those unwritten rules to figure out.

Yea, me too
wink.gif
smile.gif
.  But, Phlitrapguy (Phil) posted some Rules awhile back that helped take a lot of the guess work out of what you can post or ask.  There's another one in the trading forum,  Trading Info - Please read, that gives some general rules for trading.

Basically, if we behave the way our Mom's taught us (or tried to
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
).  Say please and thank you, be nice, etc., and have fun, then we are good to go.

Back