Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Highland tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

One small party cup An a big paty cup and a water bottle 28oz frozen andth cups filled with ice. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I just wrote to another post that runs along with this tpic. Do you guys/gals need to use a extra fan when you use the ultrasonic? My units have good fans on them. Is it enough air movement? Also I could put ice in the well. (In a bottle I think.) For when heat is needed - There are pipe coils on clearance. They are 18' long. I wonder if they would warm the tank enough if wrapped around the outside. I could place a temp monitor that could shut it down if the temp went above the desired. What do you think?
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way too complex. you shouldnt need more than the heat provided by your lights.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally no, but my plant room is in the basement, in an unheated room. In the spring, summer and early fall it will be fine, but even now it is dropping to thirty in there. We are still having some days of temps in the thirties here. Luckily it is not dropping very much further at night. I will not use the wire when the temp accomodates. In the winter the room receives some heat from the water pipes and under the door from the adjacent room, but even with the lights it is not going to be enough. I have checked with just the lights and it is not warm enough some of the cps. I have done this with Bonsai sprouts and it worked there. I have more concern with the humidty and enough light.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, I should add that this is a pipe wire. Its main job is to keep pipes from freezing. It actually does not appear to get too hot. You can easily hold it when its plugged in, but it does not allow for any form of freezing and the wire remains on when the lights are out. I have them on differant circuits as a failsafe. It is easily accomplished and my plants will not freeze, but rather be nice and warm. The circuit in the room runs the pool and yard plugs which often trip the circuit. I start the pool early so it is warm by the end of April. I am one that rather be safe than sorry.

Ahh but,

One good bit of news is I spoke to my husband just now about this and he informed me that there is a hidden vent in the room. It is still not insulated, but will be warmer now and nothing should freeze anyway. You think he might have mentioned it since I start my seeds in there every spring. Maybe I should have asked. I use this room because the kids have no use to be in it and we have large shelf units attached to the walls on all the sides. I use it for storage of my homemade wines and ales [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] During the winter it still may get too cool so I will continue to use the wire just in case.
    If anyone comes through stop and get some wine [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive used a propagation mat many with great success.
    If that doesnt work I suggest a ceramic heating element, the type used to provide heat for reptiles.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I actually have two of those that are not in use. I did not even think about them. I think I will try them over the coil. I checked this morning and my humidity has dropped of even though I have a humidifier going, but it is a little cool in there(cool humidifier). I'll try one of the rocks now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the type of element you screw into a standard incandescent light socket.
    I wouldnt advise submerging a hot-rock.
    A submersible aquarium heater submerged in a jar pf water of appropriate size would also work well, youd just have to stay on top of the water level in the jar. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Peace

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast