What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! The Humidity in my greenhouse is 50% humdity. Rarely 45. Are any of my plants in danger?

Sarracenia
S.flava
S.purpurea
S.minor
S.rubra
S.leucophylla
S.alata
S.purpurea x flava
S.leucophylla x oreophilia x rubra
S.'Judith Hindle'

Drosera
D.binata var. multifida
D.intermedia
D.rotundifolia
D.capensis
D.capensis 'Alba'
D.capillaris
D.adelae
D.filiformis

Dionaea
D.muscipula
D.muscipula 'Dentae'
D.muscipula 'Red Dragon'

Pinguicula
P.primuliflora
P.caerulea

Darlingtonia
D.californica
D.californica 'All Green Form'

Heliamphora
H.heterodoxa x minor

Nepenthes
N.ventricosa
N.?(gubler's hybrid)

Utricularia
U.gibba
U.sandersonii
U.dichitoma
U.monanthos
U.livida
U.longifolia

Thats all. By the way. The Heliamphora and the Nepenthes are in a terriarium. (70% - 80% humidity)

Thanks,
SunPitcher
smile.gif

50% is decent Sunpitcher. My humidity I know gets very low in the day time to venting and cooling but N. hamata is unaffected by it. It is growing better than it did in a terrarium.
wink.gif
If you keep it above 40% I think you'll be fine. I have had a nep sit out overnight in my hosue in the winter, wilt and come right back the next day in my greenhouse. the Nepenthes and Heliamphora species you listed should be very tolerable once they've adapted to your greenhouse environment. Once the plant has grown 3 leafes and 3 pitchers/traps you can say it is fully acclimated to your growing conditions.

My VFTs, Sarracenias, and sundews do fine with humidity rangeing from 25% during the day to 70% in the evening.  I think yours will do fine at 50%.

alien.gif

I think humidity is a factor to bear in mind when referencing previous conditions for many plants, i.e. something grown in 75% that is thrust into 50% may not react well, and of course, some nepenthes like being saunas and so forth...

50% is generally a good level, I was hanging around at 55% for a while, when I jumped to 88% things got nicer, however, when I hit 100%, I was less impressed with most of my plants... something to think about!
smile.gif

Night time humidity is between 70% and 80%. Temp is between 60 and 70 at night. I live in Las Vegas, so it is hard to keep the humidity up and the temperature down. Yesterday it was 105 degrees outside and between 75 and 90 degrees in my greenhouse.

Thanks,
SunPitcher
biggrin.gif

I think your doin good if you can achieve those conditions.

I would give the adelae higher humidity. If the plant is already doing well, then I would not change its conditions.

Would my conditions be suitable for a cephalotus? I have been trying to get one for about four months now.

should be ok to grow cephalotus , if you want me to help you find one then pm me and how did you get a darlingtonia alll green form ( othello ) , its quite rare .

Back