Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you tell me that... here's my growlist: (all of them are in the greenhouse)

*three D muscipula 'Green Dragon' (All in the same pot... I'm beginning ti think that they may be hets)

*two D. muscipula 'Common' (both in the same pot)

*one huuuuuuuuuge S. purpurea ssp. venosa

*two potfulls of D. adelae

*one potfull of unknown Pings

*one potful of Darlingtonia (I water them with refridgerated water and give them ice cubes several times a day)

Sooooo... what's the verdict, your honor?
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi FTG,
    I dont know about all the individual requirements of the specific plants, but it seems to me that if you have been successfully growing them already, then the less you do to change their conditions the better... i.e. if you have been growing them all uncovered then prolly best to leave them all uncovered. I may be wrong but I believe the main functions of the enclosure are to trap in humidity and warmth, neither of which should be a problem in Fla. As for shading, I'd experiment a bit and see what works the best for your plants.
    Just my opinion [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay... I just figured out via The Savage Garden (which I'm done reading already!!! ) that my pings are primulifloras.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make your life easier, instead of constantly adding ice cubes you might want to try building a drip waterer to suspend over your Darlingtonia. Basically the way I've done it is freeze small plastic water bottles filled with whatever pure water you use. Then punch or drill 1 or a couple small holes in the top and suspend it inverted over your darlingtonia pot. That way as it melts it drips cool water slowly and continuously onto the cobra lily throughout the day helping to keep the root system cool. You really need to get some other Sarracenia though seeing as how you're in the perfect area for them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] Maybe I'll have to extend the Tamlin effect to you when my Sarr seedlings get a touch larger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might do the dripper thing... If I can find some way to suspend it... hmmmmm...

EDIT: The screen shading is doing pretty good. I certainly don't need to do any more to shade it... that was handy!!!
    Liquid Plummer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12