Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What do they grow in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

I'm the proud owner of a flowering Venus Flytrap (all green) and some kind of flowering Sundew. I know there's a lot of controversy, but I have three or four flytraps and sundews in the same pot, so if one dies, I don't mind too much.
    I'm also going to seperate them when the time is right (scared about that: I don't want to damage them)

I've been told that if I get a bag of dried moss, and mix it 50/50 with sharp sand, I'll get that black mushy stuff I need to grow the seeds in. Is this right? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

My only source of info at the moment is from a guy who's traps all died. So I'm trying not to listen to him too much!

Thanks all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about trying Canadian sphagnum peat moss and silica sand...maybe 3 parts peat to 1 part sand. You might want to look at the sundew forum for tips on growing seed. Good luck!
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!