What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse on sale

This is the greenhouse as advertised.

Greenhouse

What do you think?

And how do suppose I would go about lighting it?

smile.gif

I have one of those. They're usefull if you have a nice, sunny window. Otherwise they're a pain in the neck to light. I have a high output flourescent in mine, and I had to cut holes in the top to prevent the greenhouse from becoming an oven. So now I problems with humidity. Grrrr.

I have to totally disagree with you, schloaty. I think they are wonderful.
They are perfect for lowland nepenthes and other plants that require higher temps and high humidity.
They secret is knowing how to set it up.
First if you use compact  flourescents it will keep the temps about just right. In the winter I sometimes have to put in a flood bulb or an incadesent to raise the heat. I wouldn't suggest that it be keept outside, it will become an oven in direct sunlight. It's best to keep it in a window that gets morning sun. Another hint, Set the green house over a tray that will hold water. When you water your plants the water will drip onto the tray and it will keep the humidity levels about 100%.
I have seen greenhouses like the one you in your pic for between $40 and $70. I don't want to break the selling rule here but I don't want to see you get ripped off either. I know somewhere that sells the 3 shelved ones for $20. If you want I can send you one or more at costs. I'll also help you with the setup.

Thanks a lot for both of your suggestions. The place selling this one has them on sale for $25. I think it's a good deal since it's larger than the three shelved ones. I'll get it from this place. But if you can... some tips on setting up the flourescents? And can high humidity adversely affect the flourescent lights?
smile.gif

I use to have one of these! lighting it up was the hard thing tho what i did was hooked up shop lights over it hanging from the up of the bedroom it worked pretty well i think just putting it by a sunny window is best tho good luck:D

I thought about shop lights, too!

Thanks!
smile.gif

I have it. Very useful. Here's a pic of it:

Highland_tank.JPG

Cool! Is that just in a window?

It's placed in front of a window.

I have been looking for one of these..... Where did you find one??

I got it at a place called Franks Nursery and Crafts.

Oh, GREAT! I'll call up franks here in cali to see if they have any. I hope they are on sale!!!!

Ok, I am specifically looking for "MultiGrow 2000 - 4 Tier" mini greenhouse. Can someone please tell me where i can find it under 30 bucks!!!!!!! Thank you
smile.gif

I got mine on sale clearance so I don't know it you can find it under 30 dollars.

Back