What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too hot for seedlings?

I have some sundew seedlings which do not appear to be growing as well because I have them all in the shade. I want to give them more sunlight but I can't put them out in the garden, otherwise the heavy tropical rainfalls will undoubtedly wash them away.

I plan to get some fish tanks and place them in a spot with sunlight and then put the seedlings (with pots) inside. This way, they're be sheltered from the rain (and wind, I guess
smile.gif
).

Does anyone have any experience with such a setup, in a tropical environment? Temps here are about 28 degrees C, 95% humidity or so. Will the environment in the tank overheat the seedlings?

many thanks.

I control the temperature from going off the scale by using a mist maker. This means there is always a few inches of pure water in the tank at all times so that the mist maker will function properly.

Back