Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more lighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tamilin, very good idea, thanks, I'll give it some thought as soon as it is warm enough (and that white stuff is gone, snow) to clean the tank...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin your setup is nearly identicle to mine
    except I leave half of the front of the tank open to encourage air movement, of couse ive got a humidifier going right next to everything.
    Im running 160 watts over a 40 long. Just two shoplights and four tubes I picked up from home depot.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Capslock,

Where did you get the fluorex compact fluorescent fixture? I've been looking for a compact fluorescent option in my setup, and what you stated sounds about right for one of my tanks. What kind of compact fluorescent bulbs (lumen, watts, etc) can you place in that fixture?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

thanks!

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I did as tamlin described and layed the tank on it's side. I have easier access to it and now I have foil on the sides (I am not able to get out and find mylar yet) and four 48" grolux bulbs on top. I am getting "OK" results so far. I overwatered my one nep and the other is just at a standstill. I think it got overwatered as well. My third nep is doing really well though. All other plants are adapting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (homer @ Dec. 28 2003,19:35)]Capslock,

Where did you get the fluorex compact fluorescent fixture? I've been looking for a compact fluorescent option in my setup, and what you stated sounds about right for one of my tanks. What kind of compact fluorescent bulbs (lumen, watts, etc) can you place in that fixture?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

thanks!

-Homer
    You can buy the fluorex compact fluorescent lights online (the online store is working at long last) from lights of america at:

lights of america

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12