User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has the tropic aire humidifier???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need more humidity in my terrarium and I was looking at a tropic aire unit. Those of you that have one, does it work pretty good? what size terrarium do you have it in?

Also where did you get one? do normal pet stores sell them?

currantly I'm using a el cheapo water bottle with the top cut off and an airstone on the bottom.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cheap way was the way I was doing it also. I have a 10 gallon tank. With the glass of water and airstone, it took up space where I could place another plant. If you need room in your tank and want to get the glass of water out, then go a head and get one. I bought mine at That Fish Place for $11.99. I do not think it's any better then using a glass with water.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i would go with a Sunbeam humidifier over this unit. You can give it a try but you can also find this humidifier in any pet store like a petco i found it to not work as well i wanted it too so i would go with a sunbeam for-sure good luck!
    E.c
    http://Geocities.com/southerntropicals

http://www.geocities.com/southerntro...rewstsmall.jpg
    Welcome to S O U T H E R N T R O P I C A L S the nepenthes and heliamphora garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These tropic aire humidifers are not good , they don't do nothing really , its pretty much the same thing as an airstone in a bottle except this thing has the so called wonderful " sponge " . I'd go with a ultra sonic humidifer just as E.C. said , there very good and your plants will love it . As for these humifiers , the topic aires , you'll just be wasting your time and money so i would try to avoid using them .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric Carnivores, do have a pic of the Sunbeam unit? How big is it? Is it a room unit or something you can put in your tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out some of the ultrasonic humidifiers online at a place called Mainland Mart. I bought the slimmest small one for my 10 gallon. Works great!
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you guys have pics of this sunbeam/ultrasonic humidifier in action? How big is it? The reason I was looking at the tropic air one is that its just got a small tube that goes in the terrarium and not a huge box. Are these sunbeam ones similar? or does a huge box thing have to be in the tank?
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tropic aire does the best in ultra low humidity environments. If you have something that's already over about 70%, you won't notice much HUMIDITY, however beyond generation of humidity, there's the air exchange issue. If you use an ultrasonic humidifier that is good for humidity, but does nothing for air exchange which needs to be done if you have a relatively enclosed system.

We use electric fans and ultrasonic systems in our large 100+ gallon setups... and the tropic aire in anything 20 gallons or less.
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast