User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to design HHVAC for chamber... help?

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Feb. 20 2004,12:30)]Hi,
    I'm new to this group but have been doing terrariums for a few years and the ultrasonic foggers are great, the idea of using air movement to form a suction of the fog works great as the fog moves easily. Another idea is; on mine I use a coffee filter over the "intake" for air and dabble a little alcohol on now and then or H2O2 that way if you get some mold or whatnot once you kill it and the spores it wont come back in.

Joe
    hey superimposedhope,

can you give a little more description on the coffee filter? what is it?im thinking of making a system like that and i don't really know what air filters are, coffee filters sound common

thanks
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee filers are the filters used to separate the coffee grounds from the liquid coffee during brewing of... coffee.
    They come in a few different shapes -cones or round scalloped wafers. They are fairly large ~you could prolly fit an most of an apple in a cone -style filter.

They are basically just paper. You should be able to find them at just about any gas station or supermarket or what have you. There exist a few different "Grades" but just about any grade should do the job. I could be wrong -this is not my system, after all.
    I would not imagine a coffee filter to be the best choice for air filtration unless you A: were just looking for a simple, uncomplicated coarse particulate filter
    Or B:
    You have a much better particulate or organic filter somewhere down the line, and are using the coffee filter as a "precharger" style of air filter to catch the large particulates before they hit the finer filters .

-Trev

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, like Trev said it is'nt the best for good filtering. The thing is I have 3 dogs and 4 cats when originally constructed I needed something to keep junk out. Well I let it go and a few months passed and it never did begin to grow anything like mold, etc.. so I have left it on and it still does the job and I began dabbing the alcohol or H2O2(peroxide) to kill anything that might try to pass. On the other hand I should not recomend it because if you absolutely neede to keep out that stuff this setup could not be guaranteed. HEPA filters should be used for control over airborn particles and whatnot. What I got is probably luck.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use humidifiers and vaporizers (H/L). and they work very well.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12