What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog Pictures

Scince my last post was a total failure, I thought I'd try it again, I'd like to see some of you guys' bog garden pics, if possible.

I'd give you a photo of mine, if you like to look at snow and pine tree branches.
tounge.gif

Um... perhaps you may receive more replies to your posts if your initials were not "KKK"

Nepenthe - be nice!
biggrin.gif

I know I have a pic of what my bog used to be somewhere, but right now only a few lonely d. capensises grow in it.
sad.gif

Peter

Sorry bout that When I started my nursery I didn't even know about KKK, It's okay I'm not racist at all

Well, Kirk, I'm glad you straightened that out for me (not meant to sound too awful sarcastic)<-neither was that.

I am not trying to be an a$$ or a big antagonist, you seem like a nice guy and all. And I'm not really the divine judge of what is right and what is wrong or anything to that effect. However there's something to be said for a little taste, your name alone may end up offending quite a few people... like... say... maybe some of our Jewish or African American (or African European)... um, well... just to say "our Black members".

I wonder how many people would refuse to do business with you because of those initials?
rock.gif
The KKK (not the nursery) is still alive and well... many people still know that and *MIGHT* make the connection. But do you really want to go around with the disclaimer "not affiliated with the Klu Klux Klan" on your website/nursery sign?
I just want to know if that's something you ever felt like considering.

Like I said, the fact that you denied any relation between your KKK and the other KKK is nice, because most KKK people are not very subtle about affirming their beliefs. Usually the response is more along the lines of "yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?"

That's about all I have on the subject. Just my $.02
Respectfully
-Trevor

Hello.  I uncovered my bog about a week ago since we're suppose to be done with really cold weather around here. Although, as you can see in my pics, it did just started snowing.  But it's still almost 40 out, so unless it gets quite a bit colder out (20's) i think the bog should be alright. My bog's about 3 x 5ft. I filled it with a mixture of about 3:1 peat to sand.

Ok, here's a couple pictures I just took:

100_0415.JPG

100_0437.JPG

There’s not much to see right now since they're all still dormant.

-buckeye

Dyflam,

Nice bog! Could you name the Sarrs in it?

SF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nepenthe @ Mar. 11 2004,06:04)]Well, Kirk, I'm glad you straightened that out for me (not meant to sound too awful sarcastic)<-neither was that.

I am not trying to be an a$$ or a big antagonist, you seem like a nice guy and all. And I'm not really the divine judge of what is right and what is wrong or anything to that effect. However there's something to be said for a little taste, your name alone may end up offending quite a few people... like... say... maybe some of our Jewish or African American (or African European)... um, well... just to say "our Black members".

I wonder how many people would refuse to do business with you because of those initials?  
rock.gif
The KKK (not the nursery) is still alive and well... many people still know that and *MIGHT* make the connection. But do you really want to go around with the disclaimer "not affiliated with the Klu Klux Klan" on your website/nursery sign?
I just want to know if that's something you ever felt like considering.

Like I said, the fact that you denied any relation between your KKK and the other KKK is nice, because most KKK people are not very subtle about affirming their beliefs. Usually the response is more along the lines of "yeah, and what are you gonna do about it?"

That's about all I have on the subject. Just my $.02
Respectfully
-Trevor
Um.. do you know how to change the name, and still keep all the data? I'm probably gonna change the nursery name to Kirk's Coastal Carnivores. That didn't occur to me till today.

Groovy. How did you change your name? I have been trying to do that for some time now.
Anyway, thanks for the consideration to others and such. Once again, I'm not trying to be an a$$
-Trevor

Back