I have 2 questions....

1. I have an old bookshelf I am going to be using as a terrarium stand. I have 2 spot lights mounted about 6 inches above a 10 G tank (1 on left and 1 on right). I put a thermometer in an empty tank on the shelf and it has gotten up to 75 degrees. It is winter here and I am afraid of how hot it will get in the summer, not to mention that I would like to keep my plants in that same spot for the winter -- gets to be about 55-60 in my basement where the shelf is. The bulbs I am using are GE 60W Grow & Show bulbs. I have a few 2 foot GE Grown & Show florecent toobs, but the shelf is only 20 inches across and I am having trouble finding any others that will fit.

Will this setup be a problem? Will the tank get too hot in the summer and not cold enough in the winter? Any advice or "cool" lights I can use?

2. I have a small bowl terrarium (8 inches tall, 7 inches wide, and 5 inches deep). I have 5 VFT in there currently - will be transplanting into 10 G terrarium in a few weeks. I am noticing green "algea" gowing on the covering long-cut moss. At least I think it is algea, all I know is that the light brown moss is turning green.

Anyone know what it is? Why it is happening? Is it a problem? How can I prevent it?

Thank you in advance.