What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has a "4 tier portable Greenhouse" ?

I just ordered one of these to put in my closet because my little terrarium is getting crowded. I keep buying plants even though I barely have room for them. So how do you guys like them? got any pics of one set up? I'm sure I'll run out of room in this one too eventually. But at least it will be in my closet instead of outside. Too look at my plants I just need to slide the door open instead of going outside, as if I had a real outdoor green house
smile.gif

I'll be lighting mine with a 150 watt MH DE and two 96 watt PC's. what are you guys lighting yours with? or are yours in the sun?

This is the one I got ordered....
80723i.JPG

You got that for only $40? o_O Dang, got a website url?

Hey guys,
The Lowes here in Houston have those on sell for $40 so I got one as well. Of course my outside humidity is usually between 60 and 80% anyways. I have the foundation to my big green house started so maybe it will be ready next spring. This should work for now I'll post some pics later.

wow lowes has them??? I was not aware! I should check it out, maybe I could pick up another....

I think you're going to burn down your house. Or at least warm up your closet a LOT putting a Metal Halide light in there.

I'd go all fluorescent.

EDIT: I also have that problem with buying plants without room for them.
tounge.gif

Capslock

Yea, I use mine outside,but when the Houston summer reaches 100 F I probably will have to bring it inside. When I do this I plan to line it with flat white cardboard (flat white reflects 99% of the light hitting it) I'll probably rig up four 48" shop lights on each side as well as a fan pointing up from the bottom. The ony problem is where to put it. My spare room is converted to a recording studio, and florescent lights always induce an unpleasant 60 cycle hum in my studio equipment. I figure I'LL use my 400 watt, and 175 watt MH for the soon to be completed greenhouse. I'll get some pics when the lights are in place.

this one for 150 dollars is good too, come with a built in shelving unit, can be assembled in 5 minutes:
B00012D02W.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

this one for 250 dollars is nice too!
B00012D03G.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

tounge.gif
all those would up and blow away around here, lol.

the only problem with those Spec is they won't fit in a closet
tounge.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
also it was only 31 bux but the shipping was an extra amount....

The MH isn't going inside the unit its going to be hanging above it along with the power compacts. Its only a 150 watt it doesn't get too hot. What does make my room how however are my dual 400 watt iwasaki MH and my four 110 watt VHO's that are on my reef tank. Can give you a sun burn if the canopey open to long lol
smile.gif

the walk in greenhouse is big enough for a mh with superventing but the four tear will probably melt.
I got the same four tear at big lots and it is great I am wondering how people are going to make it like putting flouresents on every level or along both sides on the outside. what about venting shuld I cut a hole and make the intake a homer humidifier or just put cups of RO water at the bottom and let it build up. Right now mine is waiting empty. so many Ideas???

I really don't think the MH is going to melt the miniature greenhouse, its going to be hanging about 15 inches ABOVE the top of the greenhouse, not 15 inces from the plants, so total the hieght above the light will be about 30 inches from the plants. Also the MH is only a 150 watt. If it was a 400 watt or even the little 250 I would definatly be careful...

John where did you find that green House from? lol Thats such a joke it would so blow away
wink.gif

:: Ec ::

yea I think EC is ight right.... I wouldn't pay 50 bux for those ones... They look like they are made the same style as those windshield sun blockers people put in thier cars window so it doesn't get so got....looks flimsy...nice concept though I guess

lets see a photo of it with the light ontop of it. How are you going to vent it. Mine is already starting to grow mold inside. I need to do somthing fast.

My brother in law has purchased a 3-tier at Shopko for only 20 dollars. I haven't seen it yet, but it is definitely cheaper.

I don't quite get how you guys are lighting these things (not interested in the MH)--putting small flourescent strips on the bottom of each tier? Or is it naturally lit? I'm a little confused by some of the posts.

I have one of those in my dorm my grandma gave me. It makes a real good shelf for my food... I might have to look at using it in my closet though when I move back home. I could just take a tier off

I have to change my last statement. My Brother in law got the FOUR Tier greenhouse afterall, and it was 25 dollars.
biggrin.gif
Check your shopko.

what is shopko? is it like a costco? if so I'll have to check that out....

Back