What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lookin for a greenhouse

I'm looking for some greenhouses. Some that cost under $300. I don't know what to get. Also I live in MS and direct sunlight is not good for my plants I know that, but it does get around 30 degrees during the winter time. What will I need for my greenhouse and everything.

what type of heater will i need? I live in MS and the coldest it gets is well 30 degrees. That happens every 5 years though.

Actually, most plants tolerate direct sunlight. Humidity might be an issue in MS - I don't know. But I grow all my sarracenias outside with sunlight about 6-8 hours/day. Most droserae can also take full sun. As for temps, with 30 degrees every five years, is that daytime or nighttime temps? If 30 degrees is the lowest you get then you are about even with us Southern Californians!
tounge.gif

Peter

Edit: There, I finally got the smiley where I wanted it.
biggrin.gif

At night it gets around 36 on average during the winter. Humidity stays pretty high in MS. But im getting a humidifier anyway to keep it at around 70%or 80% humidity. b/c Humidity is not constant. So what type of heater would I need?? I mean during the daytime during the day during winter time I dunno how high it gets but it gets windy so the windchill factor comes in.

Depends how big the greenhouse is. How warm you want to keep it. And what is covering the greenhouse.

Once you know your parameters you can calculate how much heating you will need and then determine what type and size.

Well the greenhouse will be 10 by 10. wgen i did the BTU calculator it said areound 11,000 BTU output, which means I will probably be getting an electric one.

Back