Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Humidity/misting in glasshouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey gang,

Im after some feedback and ideas.

Im setting up the humidity/misting system in my glasshouse (replacing the temporary spray and timer setup). Having spoken to a local horticultural supplier today it looks like I have 2x options.

Something to keep in mind is that this glasshouse is for growing Nepenthes and is about 8.5 x 12.5ft. There will be a few other CPs but they are not the priority.

So here are the 2 options I am looking at SO FAR:

Option 1:

Is to use a balance arm (artificial leaf) switch with multiple misting jets mounted throughout the glasshouse. Basically a couple mounted facing up just over each bench and a few pointing down mounted to the highest point of the roof.

Pros Cheaper

Cons Too much moisture in the plants No direct control of humidity.

Option 2:

Use a humidistat with a single misting nozzle mounted just in front of the circulation fan. Humidity drops, jet sprays mist, fan distributes mist throughout glasshouse, humidity rises. Note that this fan will run 24/7.

Pros Direct control of humidity. No/little moisture on leaves of Neps

Cons Expensive

So what do you think? Any other pros and cons Ive missed?

Im inclined to go option 1 as the humidistat in option 2 adds a heck of a lot of $$$ for a good one, however, I am a little worried about moisture on the leaves of my Neps? Is it so much of an issue?

Thanks,

Aaron.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a greenhouse or glasshouse, But would be careful of mold, algae and fungus growing on leaves if they are continuously wet however if given a chance to dry off between they should be fine, I think. When I say dry off humid still needs to be up.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"