Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Compact flourecents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tony.

I'm going to give my father my warm CF's I just bought to replace some house incandasents of higher wattage. It will save electricity and make up for the extra wattage I'm using now for my plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I'm off to find a better light again. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incandescents don't produce much important light either, do they?

I used to use a light by ZooMed called 'Power Sun' that was a 100wtt MH that had a ballast in the bulb. It was an incandescent that had a Phosphur layer on the in or outside (?) and it was great for igaunas and such wich need the good light for optimal growth and digestion but quite abit on the warm side for plants. In an enclosed 4'x6'x4' it would get to 115-120degF on the general.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got a new lamp and my Fluorex finally setup.
    I used a neat method to hang the light inside the 10 Gallon tank.

Right now I am getting alot of lumens and 6500K colored light in my small square foot area.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is warm white light okay, or does it have a negative affect like soft warm light? I went to Home Depot today and grabbed a 100 watt flourescent, but there's were the only two types of bulbs they had.
    Some random words.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its better than incandescent, but not as good as comp. flour. I have heard of a few people using 1 warm white and 1 cool white to get a better spectrum. They'll need to be as close to the plants as possible though. Every inch loses alot of valuable light.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my Fluorex without the heatsheild about 2 inches from the top of my plants. I hope they do well.
    It's 6500K color and lotsa lumens. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Fygee, I would get a Fluorex at Home Depot. It costs 35 buks there and is a good spectrum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to Home Depot. They had no Flourex, and the closest thing I could get to compact flourescent listed here was a Phillips with the Daylight Spectrum. Its 6500k, but its only equivilant to a 75 watt incandescent, and they had no higher ones.

They probably had some better ones that are in tube form, but I don't have a tube lamp and those won't work with my round terrarium.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check in the outdoor light fixtures? The Fluorex is a whole fixture designed for outdoor security lighting. Looks like a horizontal rectangular box with a transparent shield over the front.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast