What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'mini' "bog"

I have some very large, aka five gallon, pots that I have several plants in. s. psittancia, s. purpurea, s. leuco. would this qualify for a 'mini-bog'? I figure it does to an extent. I am going to put in a thirty five gallon bog in my front flower area here hopefully soon. I figure that putting plants literally in the ground there (in their respective pots) for awhile would be a good trial period for them. the only thing is that it is a se facing area and I am wondering if I should just go with the ssw facing area. The se area gets about 5 hours direct sun, and the ssw gets about 6, but it is late in the day type sun. Anyone who has had experience with this (especially with what do use as a medium) ? I am going to more then likely use perlite on the bottom (with several drilled holes about a foot down from the top) then a combination of sand and peat for the rest.

I have a couple of mini-bogs that I've had in various locations around my yard. I haven't noticed any problems with afternoon sun. They just love sun.
biggrin.gif

Back