Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning in-ground bogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey -

I have heard of a few people burning their in-ground bogs, and it makes sense since that happens in the wild. Who has experience with this? When is the best time to burn? Are there any special considerations?

- Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PT, Write Brooks Garcia on this Forum (Sarraceniaobsessed) about that. He has huge bog gardens he fires up every year that he can. He can help you.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know of him burning his bogs. I was hoping for multiple inputs, various situations and growing conditions.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good start just the same, Patrick!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know, for sure. Not trying to downplay Brooks...he's certainly an advanced grower.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patrick,

You might try taling to someone at ABG. I beileve Ron Determann burns his personal bogs and I think the ones at the gardens get a burn now and again as well.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the lead - the ABG will get to hear from me yet again (I email them almost constantly about carnivores and orchids).
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and me both LOL
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast